The Fiance Session will highlight information from the Fall (Budget) and MidYear (Actual-prior year) PEIMS data submissions, along with a little information about the General Ledger.
- Log In:
System Log In Screen
•Chrome version 44 or higher – (Preferred Browser)
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password please contact your local system administrator for a reset.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- District Fall and Mid Year PEIMS TSDS Interchange files -Final or “Preliminary”
- GASB Audit Data Feed
- General Ledger
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify PEIMS FALL/Mid Year files for desired year(s) have been loaded
- NOTE: Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
- Every time a new file is loaded it is a complete overwrite of the previous file loaded for that year and submission.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file being sent to TEA, and to therefore expect the data to change.
PEIMS Finance Reports:
PEIMS Finance Custom Reports
NOTE: (Actual Finance data is reported the year “after” it occurs in the MidYear PEIMS collection. However, when reviewing custom reports, the year will be associated with the year it “occurs” and not the year it is reported.)
Example: 2018-19 Mid Year Data (for Actual Finance) will be listed as 2017-18 on the custom reports.
- Shared Service Arrangement Reports
- Financial Well Being Reports
- Historical Review Reports – Midyear (Actual s)
3.2.Report Center - Ad Hoc
Creating Ad Hoc Reports
NOTE: The year will indicate the year reported to PEIMS, not the year occurred.
- Actual – Mid Year PEIMS
Criteria 1 = “Fund” + filter “199, 211”, etc
Criteria 2 = “Function” + filter “11”
Criteria 3 = “Object” + filter “Expenditures”-6100 (payroll)
Best Practices :
- Agree General Fund Expenditures by Function to the Statement of Revenues, Expenditures & Changes in Fund Balances. (Absolute, not net, difference must be under 3% for one of the SchoolFIRST rating indicators.)
- For each Major Fund group (column), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX),
- Expenditures by Function,
- Excess (deficiency) of Revenues over Expenditures,
- Other Financing Sources (Uses),
- Net Change in Fund Balances, and
- Fund Balances – Ending
- to the Statement of Revenues, Expenditures & Changes in Fund Balances
- For each Major Fund group (column), agree Fund Balance amounts and classifications to the Balance Sheet, Governmental Funds.
- Check this comparison to prior year; be sure to explain any major increases/decreases
- Dig Deeper?NOTE: IF there are combining statements:
- PDM2-100-003 – For each Fund Group number (1XX, 2XX, etc.), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX)
- Transfers in and Transfers Out
- Other Resources and Other Uses
- Expenditures by Function group
- For Food Service and Debt Service (Actual Amounts), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX),
- Expenditures by Function
- Net Change in Fund Balance
- Ending Fund Balance
Compare the amounts reported in Mid-Year PEIMS for member districts in any SSAs for which the LEA was the fiscal agent and compare it to the Notes to the Financial Statements.
- School FIRST – Validation Report
Located under Support/Prelease for auditing.
Report Options – Upper right corner of the report
- Graph Control – Pie, line or bar graph
- Heatmap On/Off – High and low data points
- Export to Excel
- Bookmark – Saves report under “Bookmarks” in the black menu bar
- Show Percents
Print– a hard copy
Drill down on totals to generate a list of staff.
Finance – Data comes from files released by TEA and is loaded by OnDataSuite into OnPar as it becomes available.
Select “My Reports” / Finance
NOTE: The default tab is “TAPR“
- Select – Actual to view Mid Year data trends from PEIMS information.
- See various criteria on “Reports” drop down tab”
- Switch to “Per Pupil”, as desired.
Select Criteria for Report using Drop down options.
- Select “TAPR”
- Choose – Profile “Staff Demographics”
- Peer List
- Past recorded trainings on left
- Register for upcoming training sessions on the right
- Ticket Icon – located in top right screen in black menu bar. Enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
- Manual Icon – Located in top right screen on black menu bar.
Use to locate “how to” steps and system/functionality instructions.