This session is designed to enable users to view Leaver records contained in current year Fall PEIMS files.
The goal is to aid in identify actual and potential leavers before school start window closes and PEIMS Fall Leaver data is submitted. Also, students At Risk of becoming Drop Outs will be discussed.
- URL- https://districtname.ondatasuite.com
- Login, password, and permission levels are provided by the district’s ODS Administrator(s).
- Chrome preferred browser
Your Account Page
Your Profile – Reset PW
Job Title/ Areas of Interest – used to create listsev. Does NOT affect access.
(Black menu bar)
File Center/Data Sources
OnDataSuite Administrator should load most current files listed below. Loading instructions for found by using the blue hyperlink just above the upload bar.
1) PEIMS Fall (Leaver) – TSDS Interchange files from SIS (current year)
2) Summer PEIMS – TSDS Interchange files from SIS (current year/prior year)
3) TEA Cohort Preliminary files – Obtained from TEA’s TEAL account in the Accountability application
- The “Preliminary Four-Year Cohort files” will include 4 separate years and a file for each. TEA usually releases these files in November. When these files are loaded, the reports which had based on PEIMS files, initially, such as LEP, Leaver, and Enrollment information, will now also pull in Preliminary Cohort data.
4.Student Report Center - Build AdHocReports
Adhoc Reports to Create:
(Student Report Center – left side)
1.General/9th Grade Cohort – TEAL/Accountability data “Prelim Cohort file”
- Criteria 1= “9th Grade Cohort Grade Level”
- Click on count of students to see list of names
- Create “Focus List” to run additional queries.
- Use “Column Option” to add Columns (compare TEA file to Prelim PEIMS file)
- Data Type=Student
- Record =Leavers
- Criteria = Leaver Reason Code, Graduation Type
- Year = 2019-20
- Criteria 1= “Reason Student Left Class” (as per data in cohort file)
- Filter = “98” (other)
- Criteria 2 = “9th Grade Cohort Grade Level”
Reason Student Left Class Key
- 8X- Possible Transfer = Students previously enrolled but final status never reported. No re- enrollment record or leaver record. Some students who left return and leave again may be counted here.
- XI – Possible Enrolled = Student who have reached their graduate year but are reported as enrolled on a PEIMS 110 record. (Rather than a PEIMS 203 leaver record)
- XX- Possible Drop Out = Total of students submitted in Fall PEIMS with an as of status of “D, E, F, or G” and students reported in Summer PEIMS with as of status of “I”
2. Fall PEIMS/Fall Enrollment
- Criteria 1= As of Status
- Not enrolled as of School Start Window =D, E, F, G
3. Fall PEIMS/Leavers– Pulled from the Fall PEIMS file.
NOTE: Leaver year, refers to the year the student left the district, NOT the year in which the data was submitted in PEIMS. Also, as per TEA, the data only pulls for 7-12th grades.
- Criteria 1= “Leaver Reason”
- State Accountability Leaver codes = Dropouts – 08(new), 98
- Federal Accountability Leaver Codes = Dropouts – 08(new), 20(new), 88, 89, 98
- Criteria 2 = “Grade”
- Look for students who are 12th grade but not Graduated ( Search TxCHSE-GED)
- Look for SPED/IEP grad
- Look for 2020 exempt from STARR EOC
Click on count of students to see list
Use “Column Options” to Add a Column of data
- Data Type=Student
- Record =Fall PEIMS
- Criteria = As of Status
- Year = 2020-21
Report Options (black box/left side) -for use with ad hoc reports.
- Graph Control (Pie, line or bar graphs can be added to visual data.)
- Heatmap On/Off (Color gradients highlight data variances.)
- Export to Excel
- Bookmark (To save the parameters of the report to use later and/or to share report with other ODS users)
- Show Percents
- Toggle Zeros – show what is “not” there.
From a student list, drill down to an individual Student Profileby clicking on “View Profile”, located on the left column of a student list.
- Student Information – Overview tab displays student Cohort Information, as well as other student information.
Use Print, at the top left corner, to make a hard copy.
Student Information – Leaver tab
Enrollment tab – Cohort information.
CCMR – College, Career, Military Ready
- CCMR PEIMS Checklist
- Filter for “Fall” PEIMS data and look for Leavers coded/not coded
A-F Rating System / Domain Companion Reports folder
RDA reports are located in the bottom left blue box titled Results Driven Accountability
ESSA Folder .
- ESSA Indicator #3: Title I, Part A Annual Dropout Rate (Grades 7-12)
- ESSA Indicator #4: Title I, Part A Graduation Rate
- ESSA Indicator #7: Migrant Annual Dropout Rate (Grades 7-12)
- ESSA Indicator #8: Migrant Graduation Rate
- ESSA Indicator #11: Foster Care Annual Dropout Rate (Grades 7-12) (ReportOnly)
- ESSA Indicator #12: Foster Care Graduation Rate (Report Only)
- ESSA Indicator #15: Homeless Annual Dropout Rate (Grades 7-12) (Report Only)
- ESSA Indicator #16: Homeless Graduation Rate (Report Only)
- ESSA Indicator #19: Military Annual Dropout Rate (Grades 7-12) (Report Only)
- ESSA Indicator #20: Military Graduation Rate (Report Only)
Actual District Data:
- TEA releases this data and it is uploaded automatically.
- It is used as a comparison to the Estimated Results
- Counts are based on the specifications in the manual and pulled from Fall/Summer PEIMS data loaded into the file center.
- Click on live link to drill down to the student level. (See section below for Student Level Review)
“Tools” drop down provide “Report Info” which consists of the information from the manual for the corresponding indicator.
Data Validation Monitoring:
Leaver Data Analysis folder .
- Leaver Records: Indicator #1: Leaver Data Analysis
- Leaver Records Data Validation Indicator #3: Use of Leaver Reason Codes by Districts with No Dropouts
- Leaver Records Data Validation Indicator #4: Use of One or More Leaver Reason Codes
- Leaver Records Data Validation Indicator #5: Use of Certain Leaver Reason Dropout Codes
- Leaver Records Data Validation Indicator #8: Continuing Students Dropout Rate
8.Support - Tickets/Training
Submit Ticket Icon – Use to enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
BEST Practice: Be very specific and detailed. We recommend including a screen shot and/or the URL to help us locate any issues quickly.
Manual Icon – Use to search for information on reports and functionality.
Training, both upcoming and past, are available for registration and viewing.
Located on the Support tab in the top black menu bar.