The MidYear (Actual-prior year) PEIMS data submission will be the focus of this training. School First and a little information about the General Ledger is included as well.
- Log In:
System Log In Screen
•Chrome version 44 or higher – (Preferred Browser)
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password please contact your local system administrator for a reset.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
File Center/Data Sources – PEIMS TSDS and General Ledger
- Data Sources
- Mid Year PEIMS TSDS Interchange files -Final or “Preliminary”
- General Ledger – Manual Link for more info
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify Mid Year files for desired year(s) have been loaded
- NOTE: Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
- Every time a new file is loaded it is a complete overwrite of the previous file loaded for that year and submission.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file being sent to TEA, and to therefore expect the data to change.
3.Mid Year PEIMS TSDS Edits
Locate Midyear Edits under File Center/PEIMS Edits/Mid Year ( 19-20)
- Excel Workbook – produces an exportable spreadsheet with a tab for each “Rule” that was triggered.
- Click on the count of errors for any Interchange file to see which Business Rules have been triggered.
- When the list of Business Rules are displayed, click on the Hyperlinked Business Rules to see each time it was triggered. ( Edit Count is listed in the right column – not hyperlinked)
- Example of the 20032-0030 edit triggered 13 times:
- NOTE: Export to excel option available under the Tools drop down – top right
PEIMS Finance Reports:
PEIMS Finance Custom Reports
NOTE: (Although Actual Financial PEIMS data is reported to TEA the year “after” it occurs in the MidYear PEIMS collection, when reviewing custom reports in OnPoint, the year will be associated with the year it “occurs” and not the year it is reported.)
Example: 2019-20 Mid Year Data (for Actual Finance) will be listed as 2018-19 on the custom reports.
- Shared Service Arrangement Reports
- Financial Well Being Reports
- Historical Review Reports – Midyear (Actual s)
4.2.Report Center - Ad Hoc
Creating Ad Hoc Reports – Actual
NOTE: The year will indicate the year occurred, not the year it was reported to PEIMS.
Example: The 2019-20 Mid Year PEIMS data will display under the 2018-19 year.
- Actual – Mid Year PEIMS
Criteria 1 = “Fund” + filter “199, 211”, etc
Criteria 2 = “Function” + filter “11”
Criteria 3 = “Object” + filter “Expenditures”-6100 (payroll)
Best Practices :
- Agree General Fund Expenditures by Function to the Statement of Revenues, Expenditures & Changes in Fund Balances. (Absolute, not net, difference must be under 3% for one of the SchoolFIRST rating indicators.)
- For each Major Fund group (column), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX),
- Expenditures by Function,
- Excess (deficiency) of Revenues over Expenditures,
- Other Financing Sources (Uses),
- Net Change in Fund Balances, and
- Fund Balances – Ending
- to the Statement of Revenues, Expenditures & Changes in Fund Balances
- For each Major Fund group (column), agree Fund Balance amounts and classifications to the Balance Sheet, Governmental Funds.
- Check this comparison to prior year; be sure to explain any major increases/decreases
- Dig Deeper?NOTE: IF there are combining statements:
- PDM2-100-003 – For each Fund Group number (1XX, 2XX, etc.), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX)
- Transfers in and Transfers Out
- Other Resources and Other Uses
- Expenditures by Function group
- For Food Service and Debt Service (Actual Amounts), agree:
- Revenue by type (57XX, 58XX, & 59XX),
- Expenditures by Function
- Net Change in Fund Balance
- Ending Fund Balance
Compare the amounts reported in Mid-Year PEIMS for member districts in any SSAs for which the LEA was the fiscal agent and compare it to the Notes to the Financial Statements.
Finance – Data comes from files released by TEA and is auto loaded by OnDataSuite into OnPar as it becomes available.
Select “My Reports” / Finance
NOTE: The default tab is “TAPR“
- Select – Actual to view Mid Year data trends from PEIMS information.
- See various criteria on “Reports” drop down tab”
- Switch to “Per Pupil”, as desired.
Select Criteria for Report using Drop down options.
- Select “TAPR”
- Choose – Profile “Staff Demographics”
- Peer List
- Past recorded trainings on left
- Register for upcoming training sessions on the right
- Ticket Icon – located in top right screen in black menu bar. Enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
- Manual Icon – Located in top right screen on black menu bar.
Use to locate “how to” steps and system/functionality instructions.