The Finance Session will highlight information related to Finance in OnDataSuite and spotlight HB3 reports.
System Log In Screen
•Chrome version 44 or higher – (Preferred Browser)
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password please contact your local system administrator for a reset.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- District TSDS – PEIMS Interchange files -preliminary or final file accepted.
- Fall Student, Staff, Budget
- MidYear Actual
- Actual financial audit data for the prior school year is submitted in the PEIMS Mid-Year Actual submission. The year reflected in the report center is the year the data represents, not the year data is reported.Ex: Choosing the “Actual” category and “Fund 199” as the criteria for the “current year” is the Actual audited data reported to PEIMS the “next school year”. Fund 199 reported for 2017-2018 is the data collected in PEIMS MidYear 2018-2019. The year association is now 2017-2018 in ODS.
- Summer Student
- General Ledger – LEA file extracted typically for financial audit (reference file format )
- District TSDS – PEIMS Interchange files -preliminary or final file accepted.
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify file type selected for desired year(s) has been loaded.
- Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
- Every time a new file is loaded it is a complete overwrite of the previous file loaded for that year and submission, EXCEPT if the file is uploaded as “EDITS ONLY”.
- Info – use this to verify the interchanges loaded and are complete or any missing interchanges.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file that will be sent to TEA therefore expect data to change.
2.1.TSDS PEIMS EDITS
User will need access to see SSN (Social Security Numbers) to view edits.
- File Record Count Summary – Report
- Excel Workbook – contains each edit/details on separate tabs
- Campus – filter for specific campus
- Click on the count of Fatals, Warnings or Specials for ALL or by interchange file
Use “Campus” drop down to view by campus.
New in 19-20 are Mid Year Edits :
- Click on the Business Rule Number to see the what/who has triggered the error.
- Export the list to excel.
Best Practice – make corrections in the Finance and/or HR System and re extract/export TSDS PEIMS interchange files. Then upload new files into OnDataSuite.
- Fall Dashboard:
- Student Counts -View Snapshot totals and trends. Information can assist with adjusting budget areas as needed
Administration identifies the latest TSDS Fall PEIMS file loaded.
Not Enrolled on Snapshot (*Notes*) – Students coded with As of Status Code of C, E and G on 40100/49010 Student Extension.
Scroll screen for NEW detail sections “Not Enrolled on Snapshot Information” and “Staff Information”.
- Summer Dashboard: (two tabs)
- Cumulative Information – Any student who had at least 1 day of attendance in an area is listed in the count.
- Days Membership – Total number of student days in membership, present, and/or absent in various disaggregated areas.
- Campus Dashboard -Campus List:
- Displays Student and Staff snapshot overview by Campus.
- Campus Dashboard -Campus Teachers
- Academic Dashboard
- Set the Attendance “Goal” for the budgeted amount and monitor for potential budget shortfalls requiring a budget amendment.
Finance Report Center: Creating Ad Hoc Reports (left menu)
PEIMS Budget – Fall (PEIMS data file contains current year budget financial data as of snap shot day)
Criteria 1 = “Fund” + filter “199, 211”, etc
Criteria 2 = “Function” + filter “11”
Criteria 3 = “Object” + filter “Expenditures”
- Throughout the year this will always provide a “static” picture of the budget approved at the beginning of the year.
- Use Load Last Report to restore last report criteria and filters
- Note the enhanced Report Options are located on the left menu for ad-hoc reports only. For a quick overview of the functionality view a short video clip (New Ad-Hoc Report Options) under Support – Training – Training Videos – Special Features.
PEIMS Actual – Mid Year (PEIMS data file contains financial audit data and the year reflected in report center is the year the data represents not the year data is reported to PEIMS )
Each data source has the same criteria selection.
Finance Custom Reports: (right menu)
- Use “Search for a Report” OR drill into each folder for the reports available.
- Financial Well Being Reports
- Total Staff and Total Student By School Year
- Note the Report Options on Custom Reports are located in the upper right under Tools.
- Report Info provides Summary, Data Sources and Definitions of the report. These also are printed at the end of every custom report.
- Any report filters will display to the left of the Tools and Submit buttons. Filters vary by reports.
- Shared Service Arrangement Reports
- Shared Service Membership – Fall PEIMS reporting
- Shared Service Fiscal Arrangement – MidYear PEIMS reporting by Fiscal Agent
- Financial Well Being Reports – the reports are PEIMS financial data compared to other data sources or key indicators.
- Historical Review Reports – 5 year look back on financial data by object category (Revenue, Expenditures, Fund Balance, etc.)
- Tax Rate Trend – Last Five Fiscal Years report uses TEA published tax rates based on comptroller tax information
- School First to be updated as new guidance is released from TEA.
- Projects :
- Summary of Finance – HB3 resources
- Maintenance of Effort
- New TSDS Reports
5. HB 3 Student Funding Elements
There are HB3 Funding reports aligned to the the HB3 Student Data Funding Elements by type of data (ADA, FTE, Counts, etc) to aid in use of the Summary of Finance templates provided by various sources.
Fall PEIMS 2019-2020 includes initial reporting to TEA of new indicators for changes required by new HB3 funding statutes beginning with 19-20 school year.
Reports developed based upon TEA HB3 guidance and resources available at https://tea.texas.gov/About_TEA/Government_Relations_and_Legal/Government_Relations/House_Bill_3
As clarifications or updates are released, these reports are being updated.
- Student – Student Custom Reports – HB3 Funding
- HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers is new data reported in Fall PEIMS.
- HB3 Funding Student FTE report and HB3 ADA District Summary report require Fall and Summer PEIMS data files. Use to monitor data throughout the year.
Reference Tools: Report Info for each report on data source and calculation details.
- Scroll to bottom of Report Info and lower right corner identifies last time information was updated.
HB3 Student Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers (Fall PEIMS file required)
Student Census Block Group reported in Fall PEIMS is crosswalked to the TEA published 2017 Census Block Tier Mapping for 2020 State Funding and a new element Census Block Tier (Geoid) is populated in OnDataSuite. *Note: Latest update from TEA as of 2/27/20 (reference TEA Finance and Grants – State Funding website for latest TEA worksheet. Per HB3 rules, the census block groups and funding tiers must be analyzed annually and updated as necessary.
OnDataSuite has also added new element Census Block Tier (CDCN) using the TEA published Campus Census Block Group to crosswalk the student’s Campus of enrollment to a census tier. *Note: the Campus Census Block Group worksheet TEA released was in July 2019. This data was utilized by TEA for the preliminary 2019-2020 SOF projections prior to Fall PEIMS 2019-2020 reporting of Student Census Block Groups.
Fall PEIMS edits control the reporting of Student Census Block Group information with fatal edits 40100-0190 and 40100-0191. Students eligible to generate state compensatory education (SCE) funding report a Student Census Block Group based upon the students home residence.
A SCE student to be funded at Census Block Tiers (Geoid) is defined as: ADA Eligible, Economic Disadvantaged, NOT Homeless and NOT a Residential Placement Facility student whose parents do not reside in the district.
All Homeless students are assigned Census Block Tier (CDCN) based upon their Campus of enrollment.
Residential Placement Facility students whose parents do not reside in the district (Student Attribution = 21 or 23) are SCE funded based upon Economic Disadvantaged status. *Note the student that are Economic Disadvantaged will be funded at Tier 5 and it varies between the different templates as to how this data is entered.
Census Block (Geoid) Reported – No Tier Assigned column is assigned Tier 1 (lowest funded). Any students in this column are those whose home residence Student Census Block Group reported in PEIMS is not identified in the published TEA Census Tier by County worksheet. * Note: Verify census block group information to ensure student is funded at appropriate tier. If no census tier is identified, TEA will fund at Tier 1.
The Census Block Tier Campus (CDCN) columns are not included in the Tier Total at the bottom of the report. This is just informational for comparison to where students were initially funded based upon campus of enrollment for 2019-2020. TEA used Fall PEIMS 2018 data to generate the tier funding projections. *Note: Use year filter to generate 2018-2019 report for reconciliation with TEA initial projections.
Use this report to verify all students are accounted for and reported accurately and updates to your Summary of Finance.
** RELEASE 11.12 ( May 2020) – Redesign of HB3 Student Compensatory Education report coming under Support – Pre-Release.
- Redesign removes the Census Block Campus Tier (CDCN) columns
- Reorganizes and provides filter options for grade level OR campus level details to align to TEA Summary of FInance reconciliation
The new Census Block Tier element data is available in the Student Ad-Hoc Report section.
- Student/Fall Enrollment/ Census Tiers (GEO ID)
HB3 Funding Student FTE Report (Fall and Summer PEIMS files required)
This report compiles the individual Student Custom FTE Reports for each of the program areas funded – Special Education, Career and Technical Education and incorporates the new rules for Advanced Career and Technology Incentive reporting and P-Tech and New Tech campuses and Pregnancy Related Services.
- The Special Education FTE by Instructional Setting section has been rearranged and grouped to match the data elements entry tab on Omar Garcia SOF template.
- The Career and Technical Education FTE section incorporates the funding changes to include grades 7 and 8 as well as the Technology Applications courses. *Note : report provides grade level detail as well as summary for entry into SOF template. Verify 7th and 9th grade eligible courses and students are generating CTE contact hours and extracting in the 19-20 Summer PEIMS (new reporting).
- The Advanced Career and Technology Incentive section includes the new $50 per student enrolled on snapshot at campuses identified as P-Tech and/or New Tech. This is new Fall PEIMS data reported. *Note: Verify all students enrolled at the designated P-Tech and/or New Tech campus are accounted for.
- Pregnancy Related FTE section as defined for funding.
The report may be run for 2018-2019 as well. Data will populate where it is available and is a good comparison to monitor current year progress as Summer PEIMS files are updated and loaded into OnDataSuite.
HB3 ADA Summary (Summer PEIMS required)
This report compiles the individual Student Custom ADA reports by funding area as well as incorporates the new rules and reporting for Early Education and Bilingual/ESL.
- Sections included are:
- Refined ADA – District Summary
- High School (Grades 9-12) ADA Summary reported with grade level detail
- Special Education Mainstream Refined ADA – District Summary
- Bilingual/ESL Refined ADA – District Summary: New HB3 funding requirements
- Early Education Refined ADA – District Summary : New HB3 funding requirements
- K-3 grades and Economic Disadvantaged
- K-3 and LEP
- *Note: students may be duplicate counted in both rows.
- Public Ed Grant (PEG) ADA – District Summary: Calculated based upon Student Attribution code =03 (Public Education Grant program)
**RELEASE 11.12 ( May 2020) – New report: HB3 Student Count – Dyslexia Services
- New Summer PEIMS element (Dyslexia Services Code)
- Unduplicated Student count (students may report more than one Dyslexia Service Code.
- Dyslexia Services Code is available in Ad-Hoc (does not account for the multiple service codes per student).
As additional reports are developed specific to HB3 and the Summary of Finance calculations they will be released through Support – Pre-Release section before going into production. Areas still under review are the CCMR Outcome Bonus funding and the Teacher Incentive Allotment
Notes regarding reports under Pre-Release:
- All reports listed are “BETA” reports and they have not been released for production.
- Reports Listed have not completed the audit process.
- Do not use or rely on the reports until they have been released for production.
Validation Reports – Fall PEIMS
Custom Reports – Fall PEIMS
- Staff FTE Reports
- Teacher Summary Reports
- Miscellaneous Staff Reports
*Release 11.12 : Class Roster – Winter Enrollment available in Staff Report Center.
- Ticket System – Submit/track
- Pre-Release Reports – reports in Beta
- Release History – What’s new in the update(s)
- Training – Register for upcoming session; View previous recorded sessions; Access Handouts; Training videos clips
NOTE: Please describe specific details including the URL and/or a screen shot to enable the support team to respond efficiently.
- Left menu – Previous Webinars (typically one year back, recordings posted and link to handouts available. Scroll or use the “Go to” quick menu.
- Right menu – Schedule Webinars available for registration. They are in date order.
- Short video clips of new functionality or features.
– provides user with searchable resource ( Located top right on the blue menu bar)
Use to locate “how to” step, system/functionality instructions and training guides.