The Finance Session will highlight information related to Finance in OnDataSuite and spotlight the new HB3 reporting criteria.
System Log In Screen
•Chrome version 44 or higher – (Preferred Browser)
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password please contact your local system administrator for a reset.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- District PEIMS TSDS Interchange files -preliminary or final file accepted
- Fall Student, Staff, Budget
- MidYear Actual
- Actual financial audit data for the prior school year is submitted in the PEIMS Mid-Year Actual submission. The year reflected in the report center is the year the data represents, not the year data is reported.Ex: Choosing the “Actual” category and “Fund 199” as the criteria for the “current year” is the Actual audited data reported to PEIMS the “next school year”. Fund 199 reported for 2017-2018 is the data collected in PEIMS MidYear 2018-2019. The year association is now 2017-2018 in ODS.
- Summer Student
- General Ledger – LEA file extracted typically for financial audit (reference file format )
- District PEIMS TSDS Interchange files -preliminary or final file accepted
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify file type selected for desired year(s) has been loaded.
- Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
- Every time a new file is loaded it is a complete overwrite of the previous file loaded for that year and submission.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file that will be sent to TEA therefore expect data to change.
2.1.TSDS PEIMS EDITS
User will need access to see SSN (Social Security Numbers) to view edits.
- File Record Count Summary – Report
- Excel Workbook – contains each edit/details on separate tabs
- Campus – filter for specific campus
- Click on the count of Fatals, Warnings or Specials for ALL or by interchange file
Use “Campus” drop down to view by campus.
New in 19-20 are Mid Year Edits :
- Click on the Business Rule Number to see the what/who has triggered the error.
- Export the list to excel.
Best Practice – make corrections in the Finance and/or HR System and re extract/export TSDS PEIMS interchange files. Then upload new files into OnDataSuite.
- Fall Dashboard:
- Student Total -View Snapshot totals and trends. Info can assist with adjusting budget areas as needed.
- Special Services- Verify Instructional Settings (SPED)
- Student by Program and Other Student Information- Ensure students are identified correctly for weighted funding
Administration identifies the latest TSDS Fall PEIMS file loaded.
NEW : Not Enrolled on Snapshot (*Notes*) – Students coded with As of Status Code of C, E and G on 40100/49010 Student Extension.
Scroll screen for NEW detail sections “Not Enrolled on Snapshot Information” and “Staff Information”.
- Campus Dashboard -Campus List:
- Displays Student and Staff snapshot overview by Campus.
- Campus Dashboard -Campus Teachers
Finance Report Center: Creating Ad Hoc Reports (left menu)
PEIMS Budget – Fall (PEIMS data file contains current year budget financial data as of snap shot day)
Criteria 1 = “Fund” + filter “199, 211”, etc
Criteria 2 = “Function” + filter “11”
Criteria 3 = “Object” + filter “Expenditures”
- Throughout the year this will always provide a “static” picture of the budget approved at the beginning of the year.
- Use Load Last Report to restore last report criteria and filters
- Note the enhanced Report Options are located on the left menu for ad-hoc reports only. For a quick overview of the functionality view a short video clip (New Ad-Hoc Report Options) on the What’s New page. (Manuals.ondatasuite.com)
PEIMS Actual – Mid Year (PEIMS data file contains financial audit data and the year reflected in report center is the year the data represents not the year data is reported to PEIMS )
Each data source has the same criteria selection.
Finance Custom Reports: (right menu)
- Use “Search for a Report” OR drill into each folder for the reports available.
- Financial Well Being Reports
- Total Staff and Total Student By School Year
- Note the Report Options on Custom Reports are located in the upper right under Tools.
- Report Info provides Summary, Data Sources and Definitions of the report. These also are printed at the end of every custom report.
- Any report filters will display to the left of the Tools and Submit buttons. Filters vary by reports.
- Shared Service Arrangement Reports
- Shared Service Membership – Fall PEIMS reporting
- Shared Service Fiscal Arrangement – MidYear PEIMS reporting by Fiscal Agent
- Financial Well Being Reports – the reports are PEIMS financial data compared to other data sources or key indicators.
- Historical Review Reports – 5 year look back on financial data by object category (Revenue, Expenditures, Fund Balance, etc.)
- Tax Rate Trend – Last Five Fiscal Years report uses TEA published tax rates based on comptroller tax information
- School First to be updated as new guidance is released from TEA.
- NEXT NEW MAJOR PROJECT : Summary of Finance – HB3 resources
5. HB 3 Student Funding Elements
In Pre-Release are three HB3 Student Data Funding Element reports to aid in use of the Summary of Finance templates provided by various sources.
Fall PEIMS 2019-2020 includes initial reporting to TEA of new indicators for changes required by new HB3 funding statutes beginning with 19-20 school year.
Reports developed based upon TEA HB3 guidance and resources available at https://tea.texas.gov/About_TEA/Government_Relations_and_Legal/Government_Relations/House_Bill_3
As clarifications or updates are released, these reports will be updated.
- HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers is new data reported in Fall PEIMS.
- HB3 Funding Student FTE report and HB3 ADA District Summary report require Fall and Summer PEIMS data files. Use to monitor data throughout the year.
- These three reports will be released under Student Custom Reports upon final review. A new HB3 Student Funding folder will be created for these reports.
Student Census Block Group reported in Fall PEIMS is crosswalked to the TEA published Census Tiers by County and a new element Census Block Tier (Geoid) is populated in OnDataSuite. *Note: the Census Tiers by County worksheet TEA was released in July 2019. As TEA updates this resource, the data will be updated in OnDataSuite. Per HB3 rules, the census block groups and funding tiers must be analyzed annually and updated is necessary.
OnDataSuite has also added new element Census Block Tier (CDCN) using the TEA published Campus Census Block Group to crosswalk the student’s Campus of enrollment to a census tier.
Fall PEIMS edits control the reporting of Student Census Block Group information with fatal edits 40100-0190 and 40100-0191. Students eligible to generate state compensatory education (SCE) funding report a Student Census Block Group based upon the students home residence.
A SCE student to be funded at Census Block Tiers (Geoid) is defined as: ADA Eligible, Economic Disadvantaged, NOT Homeless and NOT a Residential Placement Facility student whose parents do not reside in the district.
All Homeless students are assigned Census Block Tier (CDCN) based upon their Campus of enrollment.
Residential Placement Facility students whose parents do not reside in the district (Student Attribution = 21 or 23) are SCE funded based upon Economic Disadvantaged status. *Note the student that are Economic Disadvantaged will be funded at Tier 5 and it varies between the different templates as to how this data is entered.
Census Block (Geoid) Reported – No Tier Assigned column is assigned Tier 1 (lowest funded). Any students in this column are those whose home residence Student Census Block Group reported in PEIMS is not identified in the published TEA Census Tier by County worksheet. * Note: Verify census block group information to ensure student is funded at appropriate tier. If no census tier is identified, TEA will fund at Tier 1.
The Census Block Tier Campus (CDCN) columns are not included in the Tier Total at the bottom of the report. This is just informational for comparison to where students were initially funded based upon campus of enrollment for 2019-2020. TEA used Fall PEIMS 2018 data to generate the tier funding projections. *Note: Use year filter to generate 2018-2019 report for reconciliation with TEA initial projections.
Deadline for Fall PEIMS Resubmission is January 16, 2020. Use this report to verify all students are accounted for and reported accurately and updates to your 19-20 Summary of Finance.
The new Census Block Tier element data is available in the Student Ad-Hoc Report section.
- Student/Fall Enrollment/ Census Tiers (GEO ID)
HB3 Funding Student FTE Report compiles in one report the existing Student Custom Reports for each of the program areas funded – Special Education, Career and Technical Education and incorporates the new rules for Advanced Career and Technology Incentive reporting.
- The Special Education FTE by Instructional Setting section has been rearranged and grouped to match the data elements entry tab on Omar’s SOF template.
- The Career and Technical Education FTE section incorporates the funding changes to include grades 7 and 8 as well as the Technology Applications courses. *Note : report provides grade level detail as well as summary for entry into SOF template.
- The Advanced Career and Technology Incentive section includes the new $50 per student enrolled on snapshot at campuses identified as P-Tech and/or New Tech. This is new Fall PEIMS data reported. *Note: Verify all students enrolled at the designated P-Tech and/or New Tech campus are accounted for.
- To Be added is Pregnancy Related FTE section as defined for funding.
The report may be run for 2018-2019 as well. Data will populate where it is available and is a good comparison to monitor current year progress as Summer PEIMS files are updated and loaded into OnDataSuite.
HB3 ADA Summary report compiles in one report the existing Student Custom reports by funding area as well as incorporates the new rules and reporting for Early Education and Bilingual Dual Immersion.
- Sections included are:
- Refined ADA – District Summary
- High School (Grades 9-12) ADA Summary reported with grade level detail
- Special Education Mainstream Refined ADA – District Summary
- Bilingual/ESL Refined ADA – District Summary: New Dual Immersion criteria added
- Early Education Refined ADA – District Summary : New HB3 funding requirements
- K-3 grades and Economic Disadvantaged
- K-3 and LEP
- *Note: students may be duplicate counted in both rows.
- Public Ed Grant (PEG) ADA – District Summary: Calculated based upon Student Attribution code =03 (Public Education Grant program)
As additional reports are developed specific to HB3 and the Summary of Finance calculations they will be released through the Pre-Release section before going into production. Areas under review are the new CCMR Outcome Bonus funding and the Dropout Recovery and Residential Facility Placement Allotment.
Notes regarding reports under Pre-Release:
- All reports listed are “BETA” reports and they have not been released for production.
- Reports Listed have not completed the audit process.
- Do not use or rely on the reports until they have been released for production.
Validation Reports – Fall PEIMS
Custom Reports – Fall PEIMS
- Staff FTE Reports
- Teacher Summary Reports
- Miscellaneous Staff Reports
- Ticket System – Submit/track
- Pre-Release Reports – reports in Beta
- Release History – What’s new in the update(s)
- Webinars – Register/View previous recorded sessions/Access Handouts
- Training Videos – NEW! – Short clips on featured topics
NOTE: Please describe specific details including the URL and/or a screen shot to enable the support team to respond efficiently.
Webinars – title and layout changes
– provides user with searchable resource
- Manual Icon – Located in top right screen on black menu bar.
Use to locate “how to” steps and system/functionality instructions.