The Discipline Session will highlight information from the PEIMS SUMMER data.
•Chrome (Preferred Browser)
Your LEA’s OnDataSuite Admin will provide:
URL – To your LEA’s Database
User Name & Password
NOTE:If you have forgotten your username or password, the OnDataSuite Admin at your LEA has control over resetting.
Select your campus
If you have access to multiple campuses, you can filter by campus as you view the reports, or see your campuses data aggregated together.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- Summer PEIMS file -preliminary or final file
- From Student Information System or TSDS ( Retrieve Data)
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify PEIMS SUMMER file for desired year(s) has been loaded
NOTE: Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file that will be sent to TEA therefore expect data to change.
Utilize Dashboards to get a quick look at the discipline data.
NOTE: User must have “Student Detail” access in order to drill down/view students names and detailed student information. ( Action codes, DARC, Length…ect)
Campus Dashboard/Campus List
See Discipline Student % – # of students who have at least 1 disciplinary incident/ # of students who have at least 1 day of attendance (summer PEIMS)
3.2.Academic - Discipline
Select the Attendance & Discipline tab from the Dashboard Academic tab
The Discipline dashboard is located on the right side of the screen. Review your discipline by six weeks.
- Goals will display green for goals met, and red for goals not met.
- Incidents Trend column displays a comparison of the prior 6 weeks counts.
- Prior year dashboard is available through the “Information Year” drop down selection.
- Use the Print button, top black menu bar, to create a hard copy of the graph and data displayed.
- Click on the three horizontal bars icon to print or download the chart.
3.3.Individual Student Profile
Locate the “Search” tab, at the end of the blue menu bar.
Enter “Search” criteria to pull up student(s)
Note that you can search by Disc Incident Number or Disc Incident Date
Once student list is displayed, use link under SID column (left), to access the Student Profile Dashboard
NOTE: Must have ‘Student Details” access to drill down to the individual student profile levels.
The Student Information/Overview tab displays Discipline comparison information at the District/Campus/Student level for the most recent summer PEIMS data loaded.
Select the Attendance & Discipline tab from the Student Information dashboard, to view detailed discipline information for a student.
Click the blue “Toggle Discipline Details” button and scroll down to view each discipline record for the student for multiple years.
Locate the “Student” tab on the blue menu bar to view Student Discipline Reports.
Click the Discipline Validation folder to open. Click on the report titles to view.
Use “Tools” to review Report Info
4.2.Discipline Custom Reports
Discipline Reports (folder)
- Discipline Action Summary
- Classroom Removals by Ethnicity
- OSS And ISS Report
- Students Receiving CTE or Bilingual ESL Services With Short Term Discipline Removals
- Students with Excessive ISS Placements
- Student Accumulated Discipline Incidents
- Student Discipline Records
- Custom DAEP Report
- Discipline Action Reason Code Trend Analysis
- Discipline Action Code Trend Analysis New Report
- Discipline Action Group Summary
- Discipline Action Student Counts and Days by Gender/Ethn/Spec Pops
- Discipline Action Reason and Action Comparisons By Gender & Ethnicity
Graduates / Dropouts folder
- Review filter(s) options at the top of reports
- Use Tools drop down options:
- Export to Excel
- Read Report Info to review a description of the report
- Bookmark your favorite reports and enable sharing
4.3.Discipline AdHoc Reports
Use Student Report Center to build/run ad hoc reports on Discipline
- Choose Disciplinary Incidents category to pull discipline information
NOTE: The blue “?” displays help, which provides a description of the category.
- The right side of the screen will display years of data available
- Check the year(s) needed for the report or leave BLANK to pull all the years.
- Select Criteria 1- Drop-down displays an alphabetized list of all elements available
- Search by scrolling down or begin typing the name of the element to enable auto fill
- Criteria 2 – Optional (repeat steps above)
- To filter on criteria, click “Filter” on right side of the screen by the element
Disciplinary Incidents – category displays the number of disciplinary incidents, not a count of records or a count of students.
NOTE: An incident MAY have more than one record associated with it.
- Criteria 1 = “Reporting Period”
- Criteria 2 = “Discipline Action Code”
- Criteria 1 = “Disciplinary Length Difference Reason Code”
- Criteria 2 = “Grade”
Use Black Box or left to:
- Export to Excel
- Add Percent
Various Accountability reports utilize PEIMS discipline data as their source. Accountability reports are all manual driven.
Best Practice: Utilize reports to pull data requirements to review and transcribe onto standardized forms for submissions.
5.2.PBMAS ( RDA)
Performance Based Monitoring is becoming Results Driven Accountability ( RDA)
No changes from PBM SPED Discipline Indicators
Indicators: Special Education
- SPED Indicator #12: SPED OSS and Expulsion <=10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #13: SPED OSS and Expulsion > 10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #14: SPED ISS <= 10 Days Rate( Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #15: SPED ISS > 10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #16: SPED Total Disciplinary Removals Rate (Ages 3-21)
5.3.Discipline DVM Reports
Each of the Data Validation Monitoring (DVM) reports for Discipline will display students whose coding is triggering the indicator.
Best Practice: Run each of these reports every time a new current year summer PEIMS file is loaded to stay abreast of any developing issues.
To enhance data quality, we have provided some best practices.
Review the discipline data at least at the end of every six weeks.
Provide the following staff with a copy of discipline reports:
- Personnel responsible for assigning discipline
- Personnel responsible for coding discipline
- Personnel responsible for inputting discipline
- Personnel responsible for reporting discipline
- Personnel responsible for reviewing discipline data
Establish groups for each of the above and share reports for discussion.
Look for data swings and dive into the granular level to discover.
Be predictive and proactive when discovering issues.
Review policies and procedures.
Use data to support decisions.
View Pre- Release Reports (Under “Support” )
7.Support and Training
- Submit Ticket Icon – Use to enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
- Manuals Icon – Use to search for information on reports and functionality.
“Support” link – top black menu bar
- Find recordings of past Web-ex training, along with handouts on the left. (Use drop down to assist with locating training topics.)
- Locate Upcoming training descriptions and registration links on the right.
- Training Videos