This training will provide an overview of OnDataSuite:
- OnPoint enables users to pull data from across years, test administrations and collections, to provide unprecedented access to multiple data sets in one system. It features PEIMS and Assessment data, and merges into Accountability, Federal and State, and PBMAS.
- OnPar contains public released data, such as the TAPR, to enable users to compare district and campus data with any other district/campus in the state.
- OnView provides a link for ESC’s to display their TAPR data on their websites in an interactive graphical form.
- OnBoard dashboard built with school board members in mind to provide basic district information, with the ability to drill down into a related report.
This session will also provide information on how to incorporate the use of OnDataSuite at the Regional level to:
- Replace EDIT+ functionality
- Add value to existing contracts
- Create new areas of service (fund-able)
- Fulfill data request
- Build continuity
The ESC view allows the user to see all districts who’s data has been loaded, independently, and also offers aggregated Region wide totals. Data can be accessed all the way down to staff/student level, if permission
What are ESC’s doing to maximize services?
ESC’s are adding value to current contracts, such as PEIMS, Assessment, and Accountability, by running available reports and developing queries to assist the district with data review both proactively and re actively.
ESC’s are also finding new services and contracts to offer, such as auditing (attendance), assisting with CIP (campus improvement plan) and consulting on Accountability areas (CCMR).
How are ESC’s using OnDataSuite internally?
EDIT+ has been utilized for many years to enable ESC staff members to have access to the PEIMS data needed for their department. Since EDIT+ has been replaced with TSDS, which does not offer the same type of access/functionality, most ESC’s are turning to OnDataSuite. This system provides an effective means to access the data, as well as enhanced functionality.
ESC’s across the board, also use the system to ease the tide of data requests simply because the tool is so fast and easy to use. Providing access to multiple departments, to enable staff to fulfill their own data needs quickly and with very little training, is very effective and efficient. The bonus of data sharing, is the sense of ownership it brings to the departments.
Many ESC’s are finding that the use of OnDataSuite has unified the departments, as the system provides hands on opportunities to see how data ties them all together. If ODS is used as a platform to share reports across departments, everyone will be accessing the data, in the same report format. This consistency and stability creates opportunities to draw conclusions unilaterally and promotes “buy in” needed to make systematic changes successful.
How to access OnDataSuite:
- URL: CCCDDD.ondatasuite.com
- Browser: Chrome preferred
- See the OnDataSuite Administrator, _________________________________, for the following:
- Login: The User name assigned to the account
- Case sensitive
- Maybe change by user
- System does not “save”, must be “reset”
- Permission levels will be set to adjust the amount and type of data that can be accessed.
The File Center is located on the top black menu bar. ESC users may, may not, have access.
Data Sources for ESCs include:
- PEIMS: Legacy (ASCII EDIT+ files) and TSDS (Interchange files)
- ETS files (STARR/TELPAS)
- Other – ie…TEA Cohort List: (TEASE/Accountability Application-requires individual Superintendent permission)
NOTE: It is important to know what data is behind the reporting tool!
ESC’s can load TSDS PEIMS files themselves, or request OnDataSuite staff to load.
Note: Purple ribbon at ESC view – will change to “blue” if viewing a district.
Region Only- Includes districts within the regional boundaries, as per TEA.
Contracted Districts includes Districts that utilize the ESC for PEIMS services.
District List provides a view of each district, their contract status, and Teacher and Student snapshot counts.
Select the district to be view, by either clicking on the hyperlinked LEA name, or using the drop down in the top right corner of the screen.
District and Campus views– multi year – for each LEA
Fall Dashboard– student counts from PEIMS Snapshot data (last Friday in October)
Click on any link to produce a list (student/staff) – if access allows
- Sort by column
- Export to Excel
- View profile
View student profile/dashboard by drilling down from a student list or search.(permission required)
- Student Information
- Overview/Leaver/Graduation/Title 1/Course Completion/CTE Hours/SPED Hours
- PEIMS SnapShot/ Attendance/ SPED Restraint/ CTE/ Cohort
- STAAR 3-8/ EOC
- College Board
Summer Dashboards – for each LEA
- Cumulative- Pulls from Summer PEIMS files and counts any student who had at least 1 day of attendance (served) in any of the dis aggregated fields.
NOTE: Drill down, using hyper links, to find the list of students.
- Days Membership – dis aggregated count of each day students were in membership (or absent).
Campus Dashboards- for each of the LEA’s
- Campus List displays information for each campus and all links are clickable for drill down.
- Campus Teachers displays information about the teachers for each campus with live links to drill down to access the list of teachers.
- NOTE: Once a list of teachers is generated, click on their ID column ((permission required), to view their profile/dashboard.
Academic Dashboard Tab-for each LEA
- Attendance/Discipline percentage by reporting periods
- STAAR, TAKS, and TELPAS assessment data
- Operational Dashboard Tab-for LEA’s
Staff experience and retention percentages available by district and campus
NOTE: Master schedule available on a district’s campus dashboard only.
We will focus on the Student section, but the Assessment, Staff, and Finance areas all use the same functionality.
Produce reports, work with student lists, and add data from different data sources to help districts develop/maintain data accuracy procedures.
Data Validation & Custom Reports
- SEARCH for a report –feature
- Click on a folder to open developed reports
- Validation reports are duplicated from TEA audit queries.
- Custom Reports were created by ODS users/programmers.
- Click on the report title to generate results.
- Use “Tools” to Export to Excel, Bookmark to save/share reports, Report Info to find more information about the selected report.
Basic Report Building (Ad Hoc)
Unlimited Ad hoc reports may be created using PEIMS reporting areas and elements, plus a few additional student categorizes.
Instructions for Creating Ad Hoc Reports
? – Help option to explain the data source and description for each record in the Student Report Center
- Select a Record from Report Center
- Select a data element(s) from the “Criteria:” drop down box(es)
- Select “Filter” (located on the right) list of codes for the data element (optional)
- Choose the code or codes to include on your report. (search feature)
- Leave the boxes blank & all codes, with a value, will be on the report.
- Click “Create Report”
“Fall Enrollment” -Select year(s) for the report- if none are selected, all of the years of data will pull
- Select the “Criteria: 1” – “Grade Level”-a data element from drop down box.
- Select “Filter” (located on the right) -Optional
- This will produce a list of all codes for the data element.
- Choose the code or codes to include on your report or leave the boxes blank and all codes with a value will be included.
- Continue to Select “Criteria:” for additional data elements and filters as needed
- Select the “Create Report” button
NOTE: Focus List – Feature – enables reports only pull students selected for the Focus list.
Use Report Options with your ad hoc report (Located in upper right corner of the report)
- Graph Control (Pie, line or bar graph can be created.)
- Heatmap On/Off (Makes it easier to see high and low points in the data.)
- Export to Excel –creates data in a spreadsheet.
- Bookmark (To save the parameters of the report or to share your report with other ODS users)
- Display Percent’s for each of the columns
Select “Print”- to create a hard copy (top left corner, black menu bar)
To Generate a list of students/staff, click any number in any row or column. They are linked to the list that make up the count.
Use “Column Options” to change columns, including adding new columns from various data sets.
Use “Add New Column” to add a column(s) of data to the list.
- Select a “Data Type”
- Select a “Record”
- Select a “Column” -may select multiple
- Select a “Year”
- Click the “Add ” button to place the new data at the bottom of the display.
- Click “Submit Changes” to generate the report.
Save Column Set
Use the Save Column Set tab when you want to “store” 1 or more of the rows of data to be used for future reports.
- First, select the row(s) of data to be saved by checking the box in the “Save” column. NOTE: option to “Select All”.
- Next click the “Save Column Set” tab.
- Provide a name, or use the default for this set of data.
- Save Years – to retain the year for which that data is being pull. It is listed on the row selected to be save.
- Save Code Display type – to retain the type of display selected for the row being saved. (Code, Description, or Code and Description)
Load Column Set to add the “Saved Column Set” to the report.
- Select Load Data Set
- Select the title of the set of columns, previously saved, to be added to the report.
- Click “Load”.
- All of the rows of data saved in this set will be added to the bottom of the display.
- Click “Submit Changes” to view report with added columns.
Manage Saved Column Sets
- View or Delete current saved rows of data.
To EDIT columns/rows on the report
- Relabel the Title of a row instead of using the default Title. It is a free form field.
- Use the drop down to select a different year for the data.
- Change the “Display Type” to “Description” or the PEIMS “Code” or both.
- Select a row of data to be “Hidden” when the report displays.
- “Grouping” allows the user to group/ungroup data to be displayed.
- “Save” – see section above
- To Remove a column of data, click the trash can icon.
- Reorder the of rows by using the blue up/down arrows.
- Data Set- Lists which file the data is pulling from
- Record – Describes which record/area the data is pulling from
- Submission* – Identifies which PEIMS submission the data is pulling from.
Example: Economically Disadvantage is reported in both Fall and Summer PEIMS. Use can expect to see identification as to which submission is being pulling to display the data.
PEIMS and Assessment data is used in various Accountability areas:
- Performance Based Monitoring – PBM
- Data Validation Monitoring- DVM
- Select the folder and locate the desired report or indicator.
- Click on the link to generate the report.
- See available filters and tools for each report.
- NOTE: PBMAS features a count for Which students did NOT pass the STAAR test.
The OnPar/OnView sections of the suite, utilize public data released by the state, like TAPR (Texas Academic Performance Rating) to build reports. Data is preloaded by the OnDataSuite staff and there are no user restrictions.
OnView-Visualize the TAPR data for the region, on the ESC website, if desired!
OnPar provide users with powerful resources to easily build comparison reports/graphs for multiple years and and for multiple districts/campuses in the state, using any peer group desired.
Report graphed with state and region comparisons.
Multi year data provided as well.
Use “District Rate” drop down to filter by Campus or Student groups.
Down load or print the graph and the data set.
Create Manual Peer Groups and/or let the system Automatically “find” districts’ campuses that meet the criteria selected uses the tabs and slider bars.
Use this lists for “My Reports” to build comparison data charts and spreadsheets for multiple years.
TICKET SYSTEM – icon
- Located at the top right portion of the OnDataSuite screen upon log in.
- Please provide as much detail as possible, including a screen shot and detailed description of location of report, criteria used, and what specific issue is occurring.
MANUAL – Icon
- Directs user to the OnDataSuite user Manual that includes a search feature to enable user to quickly locate area(s) of information.
PRE- RELEASE– tab
TRAINING – tab