This training is designed to provide an overview of the basic functionality and location of OnDataSuite’ s various Dashboards.
At the end of this training users will have a basic understanding of the following key system components:
- Log in and access for user accounts
- Data Sources
- Best Practices
2.What is OnDataSuite
OnDataSuite – is data warehouse that is comprised of four (4) powerful suites : OnPoint, OnPar, OnView and OnBoard
OnPoint – The OnPoint data warehouse is based on the upload of various files from multiple district accessible sources. Once uploaded, these files provide “at a glance dashboard views”, an intuitive report builders, as well as hundreds of premade reports. All reported values in OnDataSuite have been designed to drill down to the student or staff level from the aggregate count.
OnPar – Using the powerful OnPar reporting system, users can view their state released Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) results, as well as published finance data. Use the Peer List feature to compare information with any other district or campus in the state.
OnView – Publish the latest TAPR results on the district/ESC website. Once published, visitors to your site will be able to access the same interactive overview dashboard items displayed in your OnPar/OnView Dashboards.
OnBoard provides a high level view of the district’s current and historical data intended for user by school board members.
The OnDataSuite data warehouse resides on a secured web server and can be accessed only after you have been granted permission and user rights through the district’s designated system administrator.
To access the data, you will need an internet connection and access to a web browser. The district’s designated OnDataSuites Administrators will provide the URL, User name and password for logging into the system.
OnDataSuite supports the following web browsers:
- Chrome version 44 or higher – (Preferred Browser)
- Firefox version 40 or higher
- Safari version 8 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 11 or higher
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact your local ODS Administrator to reset.
SOC 2 Certified – for assured secure data
- The criteria for managing customer data based on five “trust service principles”—security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy-have been met and certified.
To access your account settings, look for the 3 horizontal bars located in the top right corner of screen. This is sometimes referred to as the “hamburger menu”.
There are two types of access from within the user account settings.
- Users assigned as “Administrators” for OnDataSuite will have access to system setup and permissions.
- End Users will have access to the“My Account” for their personal profile
- Located on top right of black menu bar- three horizontal bars (Hamburger menu)
- Select My Account
- Select “Your Profile” icon
Change your password. Type New Password, Confirm Password,
and click “Update”
- Select “Job Title/Areas of Interest” Icon
NOTE: Click on “Update Settings” to save changes.
- Select “User Settings”
Click the “Show Me” button to enable options for dashboard display.
Select the desired view. Maybe changed at any time.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- PEIMS-preliminary or final file
- TEA Cohort List
- Section 504
- ETS/Pearson-forensic data
- College Board
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to view the files that have been uploaded into the system and will be used to populate the reports.
BEST Practice: Know how current the data sets are and what has been loaded. Contact ODS administrators to load additional files as needed and as they become available.
Dashboards provide an at a glance view of key aggregated data from the PEIMS and/or Assessment files loaded in the file center. Dashboards can be viewed at both the District or Campus level for multiple years, as account permissions allow.
To change the year selection click on “Information Year” drop down selection located in the right hand corner of the dashboard.
NOTE: The year selected will be applied to ALL the dashboards.
BEST Practice: Check the year displaying for the dashboard.
- Student counts from PEIMS Snapshot data (last Friday in October)
NOTE: Being updated to display all Primary Disabilities-next release.
Summer PEIMS Attendance records populate various disaggreated counts for student groups.
- Cumulative Information-Any student who had at least 1 day of attendance in an area listed below will be counted. Data is populated from the Summer PEIMS file.
- Days Membership – Total number of student days in membership, present, and/or absent in dissagregated areas.
6.3.Campus List Dashboard
Fall and Summer PEIMS data are used to populate the counts for these dashboards. Only available to district level users. (Not available for campus level users.)
- Campus List – All hyper link to enable drill down to staff and student lists, as well as view individual campus level Fall, Summer, Academic and/or Operational Dashboards.
- Campus Teachers Dashboard – displays counts, retention and mobility rates for teachers, as well as FTE’s.
- View student profile:
- Locate student on a Student list
- Or Search for a student
- Then, click on the student id or “View Profile” hyperlink.
NOTE: Account access to view individual student profile is required.
Explore tabs and sub tabs to discover granular data reported for the student.
- View staff profile: by:
- Locate staff from a staff list or by using “Search”
- Clicking on the staff id or “View Profile” hyperlink.
NOTE: Account access to view an individual staff profile required.
- Drill down using hyperlinks to display a list of students represented by the count.
Working with the list:
- Sort columns using arrows
- Tools – top right
- Export to Excel
- Bookmark the list
- Create Focus List – used to create reports with groups of students (details: Focus List)
- Column Options – modify and add columns – (details: Column Options)
View profile – (SID Column) – profile access required to view detailed info on Student/Staff – (details below)
- Available at District and Campus levels.
- Attendance/Discipline percentage by reporting periods.
- STAAR percentage by subject area
- Percents will display in green if the goal is met
- Percents will display in red if the goal is not met
- Goals can be set by users who have administrative access.
- Trends show the direction of the data between each six week period.
Will be replaced with a report on the Staff tab.
OnPar is a powerful multi-year trend analysis and comparison tool that allows users to view their publically released data with other districts and campuses in the state via reports and graphs.
Initial OnPar Dashboards default to a multi tabs view of district TAPR results.
OnView is a component of OnDataSuite that allows districts to publish an interactive Dashboard to the district’s website for public viewing. The data will pull directly from the OnPar dashboard, which is publicly released data from TAPR results.
Dashboard created with School Board Members in mind.
TICKET SYSTEM – icon
- Located at the top right portion of the OnDataSuite screen upon log in.
- Please provide as much detail as possible, including a screen shot and detailed description of location of report, criteria used, and what specific issue is occurring.
MANUAL – Icon
- Directs user to the OnDataSuite user Manual that includes a search feature to enable user to quickly locate area(s) of information.
PRE- RELEASE– tab
TRAINING – tab