This training will cover the review of Summer PEIMS data before submitting it to TEA. It will include:
- TSDS Edits
- TEA desk audits for Summer Attendance
- Multi year comparison
- Drilling down into details to find/resolve data quality issues
- Accountability- CCMR, PBMAS, DVM
Before using OnPoint to review the PEIMS data, the PEIMS interchange files must be uploaded into the file center.
These TSDS Summer PEIMS interchange files will originate from the SIS.
- Upon extraction/building with the Student Information Software, save the Summer files in a folder.
- Log into OnDataSuite using Chrome as the browser.
Uploading PEIMS TSDS Interchange files
- Go to the ‘File Center’ link located at the top of the screen in the black menu bar.
- Click on the ‘Data Sources’ link located in the black sub-menu bar.
- Select the PEIMS – TSDS blue button
- Use the green “Click to upload PEIMS- TSDS files” tab to browse to the TSDS PEIMS interchange files created by the SIS
NOTE: User must have access to load files in order to see the tab
- Select ALL interchange files to be loaded at once – the order does NOT matter.
NOTE: Subsequent file uploads will completely wipe and replace all files currently loaded for this submission/year. (Functions like EDIT+)
- To Continue with file load:
- Make sure each interchange file is “labeled” correctly.
- Year: 2018-19
- Submission: Summer
- Preliminary: If this is NOT the final file going to TEA, check the box. (If left blank it will default to “Final”. A “Final” file may also be overwritten . Example: Re-submission.)
- Reporting Period:Select the six week period to denote how many six weeks worth of data the file(s) include.
- Review Only – No need to select, unless the files need to go to the programmers and NOT load into the database
- Use the ” Start Upload” tab to add files to your database. “Cancel Upload” will remove the files.
When the file upload process is complete, the system will automatically combine all interchange files into 1 Summer PEIMS file and parse the various elements to the appropriate tables.
Review Uploaded File(s)
Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to view a list of all the files that have been uploaded by Submission and date. The file status will show final or preliminary according to the selection made when loading the file. The administrator that uploaded the file is also listed.
Locate the information ‘i’ icon located to the right of each field name.
- This screen shows the interchange files that have and have not been loaded.
- “Not Found” – interchange file was not included in data load
- “Dependency error” – part of the data for the interchange file is missing
- User may rename the file using the “Edit File Name” tab at the top right
- User may change the status of “Final/Preliminary”, as well as the number of 6 weeks included in the file using the “Click to change file status tab” at the bottom left.
- Click on Fatals, Warning, or Special Warning Counts to display the list of Business Rules/Edits.
- Click on the Business Rule/Edit Number to display who or what is creating edit.
- Available at District and/or Campus levels.
- Information Year – Multi Year drop to review/compare prior years.
- Use links to drill down to the set of students creating the number of days for each area.
- Cumulative Information – Count of students who have at least 1 day of attendance.
- Days of Membership – Provides a count of days, not a count of students.
(Campus Level example)
- Membership by Special Populations- affect additional funding sources.
- Days Absent – look for lost funding issues and low performing students
- Ineligible Days Present – look for lost funding
STUDENT DATA VALIDATION – Located on the Student tab-blue menu bar
* Summer Limited Scope Attendance Audit Review –TEA Desk Audit Queries
- LSA Of Kindergarten Students Enrolled Under The Age Of Five
- LSA Of Prekindergarten Students Enrolled Without Proper PEIMS Code
- LSA Of Early Education Students With No SPED Setting Or Speech Therapy Only
- LSA Of Early Education Students With A Special Education Setting Of Mainstream
- LSA Of Pregnancy Related Services
- LSA Of Parental Denial Of Students With Eligible Bilingual ESL Days
- LSA Of Tracks Reporting Less Than Allowable Minutes
Funding Data Validation
- LSA Of Students With Perfect Attendance And No Course Completion Indicator
- Students With Homebound Or Hospital Code And CTE Hours In Same Six Weeks Period
- PK Students With September 1st Age of 5 Years Old Or Older Showing Eligible Days
- Students With September 1st Age Over 21 And Showing Eligible Days
- Students Coded Ineligible Or Not In Membership On Snapshot And Showing Eligible Days
- Students Expelled To A County JJAEP That Do Not Report Ineligible Attendance
- Student Excess Contact Hour Summary
- Student CTE Course Completion Matrix with No CTE Contact Hours
- Students With A CTE Course Completion Record But No CTE Contact Hours
Course Completion Validation
- Discipline Incidents For Mutual Fighting Only 1 Offender
- Discipline Records Without A Matching Attendance Record
- Unauthorized Suspensions For Grade Levels Less Than 3rd Grade
STUDENT CUSTOM REPORTS –with tools and parameters for each report
Attendance Reports: Folder
- Low Attendance Report
- Perfect Attendance in a Reporting Period
- Flexible Attendance Report New Report
Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Reports: Folder
- Refined ADA Report
- Bilingual / ESL Refined ADA Report
- Special Education Mainstream Refined ADA Report
Discipline Reports: Folder
- Out of School Suspension Summary
- In School Suspension Summary
- Discipline Action Summary
- Classroom Removals by Ethnicity
- OSS And ISS Report
- Students Receiving Special Ed / CTE / Bilingual ESL Services With Short Term Discipline Removals
- Students with Excessive ISS Placements
- Student Accumulated Discipline Incidents
- Custom DAEP Report
- Discipline Action Reason Code Trend Analysis
- Discipline Action Group Summary
FTE Reports: Folder
- Pregnancy Related Services FTE Report
- Career & Technical Education FTE Report
- Career and Technical Education Advanced Courses FTE Report
- Special Education FTE Report
- ADA FTE Summary
NOTE: When running the FTE Reports and the Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Reports, change the report filter from “All Campuses– Display None” to “All Campuses – Display All” and the report will list all campuses and display the information by six weeks reporting period.
PEIMS Summary and Review Reports: Folder
This report displays data used in the Summer TSDS PEIMS data reported across multiple years. Each report number and title from TSDS is displayed to use for audit/comparison purposes. Use the drop down to select multiple years for comparison. Utilize the”Material Change” to increase or decrease the percent desired for highlighting changes in data. Inconsistencies should be investigated.
6.Creating Adhoc Reports
Summer Related Ad-Hoc Reports– to audit data, current year and across multiple years
STUDENT REPORT CENTER
- Criteria 1 = “Campus”
- Criteria 1= “Campus” / Criteria 2= “Grade”
- Criteria 1 = “Reporting Period”
- Criteria 1= “Reporting Period”/ Criteria 2= “Campus”
Course Completion Audits
- For 2016-17 only / Criteria 1= “Dual Credit Indicator” w/ Filter= “1”/Criteria 2= “Service ID” Note: Dual Credit Indicator should only be reported when a student is eligible to receive both high school and college credit for a Service ID listed in C022
- Criteria 1= “Dual Credit Indicator” w/ Filter= “1” /Criteria 2= “Campus” /Criteria 3= “Grade”
- Criteria 1= “Grade”/Criteria 2= “Pass/Fail Indicator”/ Criteria 3= “Service ID”
- Criteria 1 = “Campus”
- Criteria 1= “ATC Indicator” w/ Filter= “1” / Criteria 2= “Campus”/Criteria 3= “Grade”
- Criteria 1= “ATC Indicator” w/ Filter= “1”/ Criteria 2= “Service ID”
Note: ATC Indicator indicates a high school course for which college credit may be awarded by a post-secondary institution under the conditions of a local articulation agreement or the statewide Advanced Technical Credit program agreement.
- Criteria= “Non Campus Based Instruction”
Summer Enrollment Audits
“Summer Enrollment” is a custom field created by OnDataSuite designed to answer the question of “What program indicators were turned on for this student at the end of the school year or when they left the district?”
- Criteria = “Career and Technology Ed”-All Years (look for trends)
- Criteria = “Early Reading Indicator”- All Years (look for trends)
- For Current Year (CY= 2018-19) – Criteria 1= “Early Reading Indicator”/ Criteria 2= “Grade” NOTE: Check for KG-2nd grade students not coded =”!”
- Criteria = “Foster Care Indicator”
- For Current Year (CY)- Criteria = “Foster Care Indicator” w/ filters =”1-4 & a”
- For CY- Criteria 2= “Eco Disadvantaged” Foster Care (code 1) students should have Eco Dis code of 01 or 99
- For CY- Criteria 1= “Foster Care Indicator” w/ Filter =”2”/Criteria 2= “Grade” Note: Foster Care Indicator Code 2 can only be reported for PK students.
- Criteria = “Homeless Status” – All Years (look for trends)
- For CY Criteria 1= “Homeless Status” w/ Filters “1-4”/ Criteria 2= “Eco Disadvantaged” Note: Homeless Status Indicator 1, 2, 3, 4 students should have Eco Disad code of 01 or 99
- Criteria = “Migrant” – All Years (look for trends)
- For CY- Criteria 1 = “Migrant” w/ Filter= “1”/Criteria 2= “Eco Disadvantaged”/Note: Migrant Indicator 1 students should have Eco Disad code of 01 or 99
- Criteria = “Military Connected Student” – All Years (look for trends)
- For CY Criteria 1= “Military Connected Student” Filter= “4”/ Criteria 2= “Grade” Note: Military Connected Student code 4 can only be reported for PK students.
- Criteria = “PK Program Type” – All Years (look for trends)
- For CY Criteria 1= “PK Program Type”/Criteria 2= “Grade” Note: Check Grade level = PK, verify PK Program types and check Null / Not applicable
- For CY- Criteria 1= “PK Program Type” w/ Filter= “1-5” Note: Add ADA codes and check for $$.
- Click on the count of one of the PK Program Types to create a list of students
- Then Use Column Option
- Data Type= “PEIMS”
- Record= “Fall Enrollment”
- Criteria= “ADA Fall Enrollment”
- Year= “2016-17”
- “Load changes and Add Column”
- Look for:
- Students with no ADA
- ADA that does not “match” the PK program type
- Look for:
- Repeat steps above for each PK program type
- Criteria = “T-STEM” – Click on count to produce a list of students
- Criteria = “ECHS” – Click on count to produce a list of students
Title I Part A Program Enrollment – All Years (look for trends)
- Criteria = “Campus”
- Criteria = “Title 1”
- Criteria 1= “Campus”/ Criteria 2= “Title 1”
- If the Title I Program indicator is “6” for a campus, there can be no other Title I Program codes on that campus. Investigate any students on that campus with a code other than a “6”.
- If the Title I Program indicator is “7” for a campus, there can be no other Title I Program codes on that campus. Investigate any students on that campus with a code other than a “7”.
- If the Title I Program indicator is “9” or “A” for a campus, there can be no other Title I Program codes on that campus. Investigate any students on that campus with a code other than a “9” or “A”.
Discipline Incidents Audits
Note: Ad-hoc reports created using the category “Discipline Incidents” is a count of disciplinary incidents, not a count of students involved in the disciplinary incidents.
- Criteria = “Disciplinary Action Reason” -All Years (look for trends)
- Criteria = “Disciplinary Action Code”- All Years (look for trends)
- Select Year Current Year ( 2018-19) Criteria 1= “Disciplinary Action Code”/ Criteria 2= “Reporting Period”
- Criteria = “Campus”- All Years (look for trends)
- Criteria 1= “Campus”/Criteria 2= “Reporting Period”
- Criteria = “Truancy”
Student Restraint — All Years (look for trends)
Note: Ad-hoc reports created using the category “Student Restraint” is a count of restraint incidents not a count of students involved in the restraint incidents.
- Criteria = “Campus” – All Years (look for trends)
- Select Current Year ( 2018-19) Criteria 1= “Restraint Reason”/Criteria 2= “Campus”, or “Reporting Period”
Click on the count of Restraint Reason or Total to create a list of students
- Then Use Column Options
- Data Type= “PEIMS”
- Record= “Student Restraint ”
- Criteria= “Restraint Incident #”
- Year= “2018-19”
- “Load changes and Add Column”
Graduation Program Audit
- Graduation Program for 2018-19
- Criteria 1= “FHSP Participation”/Criteria 2= “FHSP Distinguished Achievement”/ Criteria 3= “Grade”
- 9th, 10th , 11th grade students who do not have a FHSP Participant code of 1(pursuing)
- 12th grade students who are FHSP Participant 1- (still pursuing)-not graduating
- 12th grade students who are FHSP Participant 2(completed), but are FHSP Distinguished 1 (still pursing)
For IGC Review –select “Leaver” field
- Criteria= “IGC Review”
- Criteria 1= “IGC Review”/ Criteria 2= “Grade”
Look for – Grades 11 & 12 students are the only ones who may have IGC Review codes
Should NOT have 100% of students coded as Reviewed as per TEA.
NOTE: The 84th Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 149 in 2015, which revised the state’s assessment graduation requirements for students enrolled in Grades 11 or 12 during the 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 school years. Under the new requirements, a student who failed an end-of-course assessment for no more than two courses could still receive a Texas high school diploma if the student was determined to be qualified to graduate by an IGC.
STAFF TAB – (blue menu bar)
Audit data submitted on teachers from Summer PEIMS
- Validation – Teacher Fall Summer Comparison List
- Custom Reports – Teacher Summary Reports/Teacher Classroom Link Report
- Report Center
- Submission/Summer – Counts
- Role ID
- Submission/Summer – Counts
- Teacher Class Assignment
- Criteria = “Class Role”
- Criteria = “Pop Served”
- Criteria 1= “Pop Served”/ Criteria 2= “Service ID”
- Criteria = “Campus”
8.Accountability affected by Summer PEIMS
ACCOUNTABILITY TAB – (Blue Menu Bar)
- 98 Categories – SPED
- Dis-proportionality (IDEA)
State A-F Ratings
- CCMR Early Warning System
Performance Based Monitoring (PBM)
- CTE Indicators
- Special Education Indicators
- SPED Indicator #12: SPED OSS and Expulsion <=10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #13: SPED OSS and Expulsion > 10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #14: SPED ISS <= 10 Days Rate( Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #15: SPED ISS > 10 Days Rate (Ages 3-21)
- SPED Indicator #16: SPED Total Disciplinary Removals Rate (Ages 3-21)
Discipline Data Validation Analyses (DVM)
- #1 – Length of Out-Of-School Suspension
- #2 – Unauthorized Expulsion: Students Age 10 and Older
- #3 – Unauthorized Expulsion: Students under Age 10
- #4 – Unauthorized DAEP Placement: Students under Age 6
- #5 – High Number of Discretionary DAEP Placements
- #6 – African American (Not Hispanic/Latino) Discretionary DAEP Placements
- Companion Report for #6
- #7 – Hispanic Discretionary DAEP Placements
Submit Ticket Icon – Use to enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
- Manual Icon – Use to search for information on reports and functionality.
“Support” link – top black menu bar
- Find recordings of past Web-ex training, along with handouts on the left. (Use drop down to assist with locating training topics.)
- Locate Upcoming training descriptions and registration links on the right.