The Discipline Session will highlight information from the PEIMS SUMMER data.
URL- districtname or district number .ondatasuite.com
Example: mydistrict.ondatasuite.com OR 000111.ondatasuite.com
System Log In Screen
•Chrome (Preferred Browser)
Forgotten Username / Password
If you have forgotten your username or password please contact your local system administrator to have them reset it for you.
Select your campus
If you have access to multiple campuses, you can filter by campus as you view the reports, or see your campuses data aggregated together.
Located on the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Data Sources
- PEIMS-preliminary or final file
File Review – Scroll toward the bottom of the screen to verify PEIMS SUMMER file for desired year(s) has been loaded
NOTE: Keeping data current is key to accurate reports so please contact your OnDataSuite Administrator if a “fresh” file needs to be loaded.
Note: A “Preliminary” file means that the data is NOT the “Final” file that will be sent to TEA therefore expect data to change.
Utilize Dashboards to get a quick look at the discipline data.
3.1.Academic - Discipline
Select the Attendance & Discipline tab from the Dashboard Academic tab
The Discipline dashboard is located on the right side of the screen. Review your discipline by six weeks.
- Goals will display green for goals met, and red for goals not met.
- Incidents Trend column displays a comparison of the prior 6 weeks counts.
- Prior year dashboard is available through the “Information Year” drop down selection.
- Use the Print button, top black menu bar, to create a hard copy of the graph and data displayed.
- Click on the three horizontal bars icon to print or download the chart.
3.2.Individual Student Profile
Locate the “Search” tab, at the end of the blue menu bar.
Enter “Search” criteria to pull up student(s)
Note that you can search by Disc Incident Number or Disc Incident Date
Once student list is displayed, use link under SID column (left), to access the Student Profile Dashboard
NOTE: Must have ‘Student Details” access to drill down to the individual student profile levels.
The Student Information/Overview tab displays Discipline comparison information at the District/Campus/Student level for the most recent summer PEIMS data loaded.
Select the Attendance & Discipline tab from the Student Information dashboard, to view detailed discipline information for a student.
Click the blue “Toggle Discipline Details” button and scroll down to view each discipline record for the student for multiple years.
Locate the “Student” tab on the blue menu bar to view Student Discipline Reports.
Click the Discipline Validation folder to open. Click on the report titles to view.
Use “Tools” to review Report Info
4.2.Discipline Custom Reports
- Custom Reports are organized in folders
- Open the folder to view available reports
- Click on the title of the report to run
- Review filter options at the top of reports
- Drill down to detail level by clicking on blue summary totals (must have ‘Student Details’ access)
- Use Tools drop down options:
- Export to Excel
- Read Report Info to review a description of the report
- Bookmark your favorite reports and enable sharing
4.3.Discipline AdHoc Reports
Use PEIMS Student Report Center to run ad hoc reports on Discipline
- Choose Disciplinary Incidents category to pull discipline information
NOTE: The blue “?” displays help, which provides a description of the category.
- The right side of the screen will display years of data available
- Check the year(s) needed for the report under “PEIMS Student Criteria Filters”.
NOTE: If years are left unchecked, all years will pull into the report.
- Select Criteria 1- Drop-down displays an alphabetized list of all elements available
- Search by scrolling down or begin typing the name of the element to enable auto fill
- Click Criteria label to select (optional)
- Criteria 2 – Optional (repeat steps above)
- To filter on criteria, click “Filter” on right side of the screen by the element
- Use Search box /Select All/ or hand pick any desired codes to include on the report.
- If no filter is selected, report will pull all codes listed.
- Create Report- generates and displays report.
Disciplinary Incidents – category displays the number of disciplinary incidents, not a count of records or a count of students. NOTE: An incident MAY have more than one record associated with it.
- Bookmark – saves the report and enables sharing
- Export to Excel
- Show Percents
- Turn on heatmap – aid in looking for data anomalies
- Graph Control – provides options for visualizing data
- Select the type of graph
- Select the rows to include on the graph
- Click “Graph”
Use “Print” to create a hard copy – Top left
Click the “X” to remove the graph – bottom right
Drill down on hyperlinked counts to review student detail lists
Column Options- (Located on any student list – enables columns to be added or removed)
- To EDIT columns/rows on the report
- Relabel the Title of a row instead of using the default Title. It is a free form field.
- Use the drop down to select a different year for the data.
- Change the “Display Type” to “Description” or the PEIMS “Code” or both.
- Select a row of data to be “Hidden” when the report displays.
- “Grouping” allows the user to group/ungroup data to be displayed.
- Especially helpful for separating discipline incidents into multiple rows.
- To Remove a column of data, click the trash can icon.
- Reorder the of rows by using the blue up/down arrows.
- Data Set- Lists which file the data is pulling from
- Record – Describes which record/area the data is pulling from
- Submission* – Identifies which PEIMS submission the data is pulling from.
Example: Economically Disadvantage is reported in both Fall and Summer PEIMS. User can expect to see identification as to which submission is being pulled to display the data.
- To ADD columns to the report
- Use “Add New Column” to add a column(s) of data to the list.
- Select a “Data Type”
- Select a “Record”
- Select a “Column” -may select multiple
- Hint: Click outside of the column area within the Add Column box to close
- Select a “Year”
Click the “Add ” button to place the new data at the bottom of the display.
Click “Submit Changes” to generate the report.
Add more columns from other sources, records, or years by repeating above steps.
Various Accountability reports utilize PEIMS discipline data as their source. Accountability reports are all manual driven.
Best Practice: Utilize reports to pull data requirements to review and transcribe onto standardized forms for submissions.
5.1.Discipline - Federal
Select desired Federal Report and review results by clicking on links for different groups of students.
5.2.Discipline DVM Reports
Each of the Data Validation Monitoring (DVM) reports for Discipline will display students whose coding is triggering the indicator.
Best Practice: Run each of these reports every time a new current year summer PEIMS file is loaded to stay abreast of any developing issues.
To enhance data quality, we have provided some best practices.
Review the discipline data at least at the end of every six weeks.
Provide the following staff with a copy of discipline reports:
- Personnel responsible for assigning discipline
- Personnel responsible for coding discipline
- Personnel responsible for inputting discipline
- Personnel responsible for reporting discipline
- Personnel responsible for reviewing discipline data
Establish groups for each of the above and share reports for discussion.
Look for data swings and dive into the granular level to discover.
Be predictive and proactive when discovering issues.
Review policies and procedures.
Use data to support decisions.
View Pre- Release Reports (Under “Support” )
7.Support and Training
- Submit Ticket Icon – Use to enter a question, problem, or feature request with detailed information and click “Create Ticket”
- Manuals Icon – Use to search for information on reports and functionality.
“Support” link – top black menu bar
- Find recordings of past Web-ex training, along with handouts on the left. (Use drop down to assist with locating training topics.)
- Locate Upcoming training descriptions and registration links on the right.
Only two more left to go! Log into OnDataSuite under Support>Training>Upcoming Training Schedule to register!
- Session 5: October 30, 2018 10:00 a.m.
OnPoint Assessment Review – Focus of this workshop is using OnPoint for viewing campus assessment data and trends.
- Session 6: November 6, 2018 10:00 a.m.
OnPoint Fall Reports (Campus Program Counts & Leavers)- Focus of this workshop is to assess fall campus data, trends, and counts.